Thursday, May 14, 2009

<3 <3 <3 <3

Back in October, I walked into the Center For Non-Violence looking for a place to complete my thirty-five hours of fieldwork for FCST-315. Upon entering I met Reverend Ann and I expressed to her how the Center “spoke to my inner hippie.” She replied by telling me about Team Nicaragua, a delegation open to students who are interested in learning about Nicaragua and about creating change in their communities and the world, and asked what it did for my inner hippie. Immediately an interest into this project sparked within me and after spending most of my fieldwork hours promoting the delegation my interest only continued to grow. I knew this was something I had to try for and found myself filling out an application. Now I sit, nine months later, anxiously awaiting a plane ride to Nicaragua in less then 48 hours. (AHHHHH!) Through this process I have met a number of wonderful inspiring human beings and I know this number will only increase once we land in Nicaragua. I am excited to embark on this journey with my team members who each bring something special and unique to the table. Individually, we are a mix of different nationalities, religions, and personalities but as a whole we make one quirky team but a team non-the less. I am so very grateful for this opportunity to learn and grow as a person and I am excited to share it with such amazing people by my side.

PEACE, LOVE & MMMBOP,

Loretta


1 comment:

  1. Lovely, I need to thank you for waving the Team Nica 2009 brochure in my face because if it wasnt for you I wouldnt be going to Nicaragua!!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!! Love you Jo

    ReplyDelete