Thursday, May 7, 2009

Nicaragua, the second time around...by Joed Lopez

For some reason this seems to be the longest week ever. I woke up this morning swearing it was Wednesday! But its only Tuesday and I feel that the day we step on that plane cannot come soon enough. I have been to Nicaragua before, but only for a day. I was part of a missions trip in Honduras and our flight was canceled due to Hurricane Katrina. Next thing you know, I was on a 8 hour bus ride in the middle of the night to Managua, Nicaragua in hopes they had a flight that would get us back home. The short time in Nicaragua did something to me. I still cannot explain what exactly, but I always knew that I would return for a special reason. Maybe this is that special reason. I realize the importance of entering new experiences. I believe that with every new encounter that makes you uncomfortable, you learn something about yourself and this life. I have been to Latin America several times, but the price of this trip is that I am not walking in my graduation. That was a little hard for me to get over (especially my mother), but I would rather spend 13 days of learning and exploring new things than 1 day reflecting on what I have already done. Perhaps now you can see why this is the longest week ever for me.

Joed Lopez

1 comment:

  1. Aww Joed I didnt know you were going to miss your graduation but honestly, I would have done the same thing!! BTW this week has been my longest week too, I still cant belive we are leaving in a couple of hours!!

    Bahhhhhhhhhhh

    Jo

    ReplyDelete